Is your Valuable Data Secure?
Many companies assume that their data is secure, even without having a proper backup management system in place. To determine if your data is secure, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Do you backup your data on a daily basis?
2. Do you use a remote backup service?
3. Are your servers secured and safeguarded against threats?
4. Are your employees trained to back up their data on a regular basis?
5. Do you use a specialised software programme to back up your data?
6. Have you sought assistance from an IT company regarding effective backup needs?
7. Do you always ensure that your never forget to back up your data?
8. Do you have a basic back up plan in place?
9. Do you use a good antivirus programme that protects your system against threats?
10. Does your IT Company provide you with a Backup Management report each month?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the above questions, then you are on track to ensuring that your data is protected. Even though doing the bare minimum will do some good, it may not be enough to ensure total data protection.
Doing a manual backup once a week may seem like it will keep your data safe, but in reality the only way to completely safeguard your company data is through a full backup management solution. While we rely on our computers on a day to day basis, a huge number of threats could render our systems useless. Server crashes, viruses, natural disasters or even a network crash could all lead to a total loss of valuable data.